I am a dork. I forgot my NeoOffice password and cannot open my document. Please help!

Reaction score
I have been working so hard on this paper. Last time I wrote, I had this genius idea in the wee hours to type a password in. Well, this is what happens when you have three kids and not enough sleep. I forgot the password. I cannot get my document open and cannot bear the thought of starting over. Please, please tell me there is a solution out there! Thank you!
Amy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Sorry sorry sorry cannot tell you that. Fingers crossed for you. Using passwords willy nilly can be a double edged sword alas! The fewer the better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
To a woman stressed, this may seem daft, but get away from that computer! The more you try to remember the password, the more it will elude you.

Do something utterly unrelated to the paper you're preparing. Then, think of word associations, things that prompted you to decide the password, ie. children's/spouse's names, the family pet, colour of clothing, there are countless options that only you will know.

A thought from left field - have you tried opening the N'Office document with TextEdit?

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Do you have a backup of the document, prior to entering your password ?
If you do, you only need to retype the last part of the document.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
A
Reaction score
No, no backup. I don't think I have a text edit...not sure how to try.

I am trying to calm down and remember phrases. Is that my only option?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No, no backup. I don't think I have a text edit...not sure how to try.

I am trying to calm down and remember phrases. Is that my only option?

Unfortunately yes. You may want to contact the NeoOffice devs to see if they have any advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
You can try to search NeoOffice Forums. But to ask a question, they require that you have supported NeoOffice for at least $25. I have been doing that, since NeoOffice has been worth it for me.

My guess, however, is that they will not be able to help you with your specific problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
How do I do this? Thanks!

TextEdit resides in the Applications folder. It may be in the Dock. Either scenario, simply drag the N'Office document icon across the TEdit icon. If the TE icon goes dark, you're in business! What you may find however is that some of the formatting will have disappeared, but the plain text should be there.

Further to my previous suggestion about remembering something, I qualify these days for the 'senior grey cell moments' brigade. I've found numerous times that the more I look for something lost - and that applies to recalling events or details of something - the more I can't remember. If I stop thinking about it, as often as not the memory will return when I'm doing something entirely unrelated. It takes time however, and I realise that you perhaps don't have that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.