Sufficient Privileges

V

vonedaddy

Ok here is a basic look at my setup.

I have a live Windows network with a 2003 Server setup in a workgroup not domain. I have about 5 windows xp clients and one mac ibook g4. All the windows xp clients can share files with the 2003 server no problem. They can print, write to share, etc... I also have Serve-U FTP running on the Server 2003 machine.

Here is my problem. The mac machine can see all the shares fine but can not write anything to the shares. I keep getting the following error:
The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items.

I have the same login on the mac as I do on the server (username and pw). Also the NTFS permissions are set for EVERYONE to have full control (For troubleshooting purposes).

Please help! Thanks

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am not sure, but I think the ntfs file systems is the problem. I believe that I read OS X can read a ntfs file system but it can not write to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.