Best FREE Simple FTP for Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 1TB HDD - iPod Touch 4G
Looking for a free, simple and easy ftp client for my iMac.

I dont need / want loads of fancy features. Just to be able to transfer a few files to a couple of servers now and then.

On the PC I used cuteFTP V2 which while really old, was really simple.

Suggestions please. Not being tight by wanting free. Just realistic as it will only be used for simple transfers on a few rare occasions... I'm NOT going to be using it to upload huge files or manage multiple convoluted websites on a daily basis.

Just log in, drag, drop, log off... Simplesssss :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 1TB HDD - iPod Touch 4G
Thanks guys ! CyberDuck worked a treat. I had to check the help file, cause I didn't have a two pain view that I'm used to... And it said thats what finder is for ! Cant argue with that LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I use cyberduck for SFTP, but if you just want even more simple and easy peasy.. and you use Firefox... try fireftp. Works a charm!

Doug

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.