Help Deleting an App

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
I downloaded an app called tvshows that went out and found torrent files of shows to watch and each time there is a new show out it pops up in your default torrent client but I deleted that app but it still pops up in my torrent client and I can't find where this app is at. I tried searching Finder but can't find anything that is left over from it anywhere.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Look here: MacIntosh HD/Library/LaunchAgents/

and here: MacIntosh HD/Library/LaunchDaemons/

Last place: System Preferences, Accounts, Login Items.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro on OS X Mavericks
If that doesn't work, search for the app in Spotlight (by using the magnifying glass icon at the top right corner of the screen).

Reaction score
All the information the members above posted is definitely in the right direction.

Just wanted to give you a little info for future reference.
When I uninstall apps I use a program called AppZapper. All you do is drag the icon from the /Applications directory onto the appzapper window and it will remove the file as well as any other files it came with/uses at the same time, so you know your not leaving anything behind.

You can find out more information about that here:
AppZapper - The uninstaller Apple forgot.

Another good idea would probably be to try out CleanMyMac, this cleans up any files that you may have deleted, as well as junk files, and you get tons of space back as well. This, you CAN try now and see if it helps at all.

I use both and I am very happy with both as they help me keep my MBP spik'n'span clean :)

Let me know how that works out for you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
When I uninstall apps I use a program called AppZapper. All you do is drag the icon from the /Applications directory onto the appzapper window and it will remove the file as well as any other files it came with/uses at the same time, so you know your not leaving anything behind.

Well, MacWorld isn't quite as sure of that as you seem to be. They say such "jack of all trades" uninstallers will do a better job than most of us can manually, but not as well as an application's own uninstaller. Of course, not all apps come with one.

C

chas_m

Well, MacWorld isn't quite as sure of that as you seem to be. They say such "jack of all trades" uninstallers will do a better job than most of us can manually, but not as well as an application's own uninstaller. Of course, not all apps come with one.

Yes, the general idea is that AppZapper (or AppCleaner, et al) are an option for when the program doesn't come with an uninstaller of its own, which would obviously be the best choice if available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.