MBP 2007 battery draining on AC

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Santa Rosa Macbook Pro with the 8600gt card in it. A couple years ago I put a 250gb hard drive in it to replace the 120. When running Windows 7 on boot camp, while on AC power, the computer eventually shuts off due to battery usage. It takes it a few hours, but it does it. The charger, is in fact, working correctly. Both the battery and charger have been replaced.

I was wondering, is it possible that the drain from the hard drive is more than the original and that the result is a loss in power? If that is the case, should I put the original drive back in (it was a giant pain in the *** with this laptop) or would a SSD be a better route to guarantee no loss of power? I prefer windows, but I prefer mac hardware. This is a problem I have always lived with and as of late it is just really getting to me. Any thoughts would be great. The internet is almost entirely lacking information on this subject.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.