Emptying Trash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini,Ver.10.14.6, 3.6 GHz Intel Core i3, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
How would I delete selected files from the Trash. I tried selecting some files, but the only option is to Empty Trash. I'm not sure I want to empty everything, but maybe I should. I have quite a few files in there. Would it be safe to delete everything?

Helen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
Why'd you move the files you didn't want to delete in the trash?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini,Ver.10.14.6, 3.6 GHz Intel Core i3, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Most of these files I do want to delete forever, but there are some I don't recognize. I need to know if it's safe to empty the trash. I have some files in there I'm not familiar with. I have over 232 files in there and I'm sure they are taking up space on my drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Just empty the trash as some of the 'unknown' files will be temporary the OS generated. How is sunny AZ wish could be there now with frosty cold morning down under?

If space is that critical best option is to install a larger hard drive, or use with an external.

Reaction score
Most of these files I do want to delete forever, but there are some I don't recognize. I need to know if it's safe to empty the trash. I have some files in there I'm not familiar with. I have over 232 files in there and I'm sure they are taking up space on my drive.
Just a suggestion: Why don't you make a folder on your desktop, called (for example) "pending", where you can temporarily keep those files, before deciding what action to take on them, IE keep them, or move to trash and delete?

Hope this helps. :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
How would I delete selected files from the Trash.

You would do that using the Windows OS. With Mac OS, you can't. Good suggestions above...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.