How do I make a first line indent of a paragraph in iWork?

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am doing an ICT GCSE and I need to make a First line indent of a paragraph. The course is designed for Windows XP and I don't have a computer running any sort of windows. Please could you tell me how to do this! I am using Pages from iWorks '09 and I'm running Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Thank you very much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I don't use pages really, but have you tried just pressing Tab?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
I just tried using tab and it works but you have to press it for each paragraph. So I used google(my best friend) and found this and it works great. Hope this helps.
Pages FAQ: How do I add an indent?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
The better long term solution is to define a style for each paragraph type. Thus, if you have "Text" as base paragraph, then define "Text first indent" And indent that appropriately. Now whenever you select that paragraph style, it will always be the same. In fact, if you need to change how that paragraph works, you can change the style sheet and all 219 paragraphs with that definition will instantly change.

As a further note, learning about and using style sheets for all word processors and page layout programs is well worth your time and effort.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.