• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

4th of July Weekend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Anyone have any fun plans for 4th of July Weekend?

Im taking the Family to Busch Gardens Tampa... I need some thrill rides lol what is everyone doing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
The annual 4th of July party, on the 3rd.

100 foot slip & slide, in ground pool, horse shoes, a floating beer pong table, underwater beer bong competition, maybe a moon bounce, kegs, pulled pork, more food, fireworks, and a bunch of other stuff.

Previous years included cream corn wrestling and other debauchery.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
The annual 4th of July party, on the 3rd.

100 foot slip & slide, in ground pool, horse shoes, a floating beer pong table, underwater beer bong competition, maybe a moon bounce, kegs, pulled pork, more food, fireworks, and a bunch of other stuff.

Previous years included cream corn wrestling and other debauchery.

ok told wife im canceling My trip please send invite to yours!!!! lmao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I have plans. Just working. Part of owning a retail business. Boo hoo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Working here too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No plans, just staying home and studying for summer classes. I did get myself a big fat steak that I will be marinating for 48 hours, so at least it'll still be a special weekend :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Summer School too but we get Monday off cause the teacher is cool like that. Um not sure what we are doing for 4th of July yet...might be just the neighborhood BBQ and then going to the beach after wards to watch fireworks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Like the Chef, that's a workday for me too. You fellows have fun and think about us hard working guys. O:)

Regards.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Call me a party-pooper, but I hate fireworks of all kinds. I mean, I don't mind going to see an actual fireworks display, but the minute it starts to get dark, my neighbors are firing off every form of noisemaker known to man. Most years, I find their bottle rockets in my gutters. One of my neighbors had to replace a melted shingle. It's a wonder none of the houses in this development have caught fire.

And of course, 8~9pm is bedtime for my kidlets - so they end up getting freaked out and can't get to sleep.

But it's not good enough to just do it one day either - we have to have these idiots running around shooting stuff off for days leading up to and following the fourth. I swear, it's like free crack day in the projects.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Same thing around here. Even though fireworks are prohibited within the city limits no one seems to pay attention to the law. And of course the police have better things to do then go around trying to track down illegal fireworks.

To top the noise factor off, my next door neighbor has a swimming pool and right now has a noisy pool party going on along with an occasional fireworks blast.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
We are in Richmond, Va visiting family. We had a a huge family cookout and then the kids were swimming in the Hotel pool. Heading home tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Home alone. The wife and boys are up at the cabin having a good time I presume. It's just myself and the dog. Just another dog day afternoon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Well, I didn't do anything for the 4th. Me and my roommates ended up passing out by midnight while watching movies. I guess we partied too hard on the 3rd.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.