Music files that play in win7 dont play with mac:

Reaction score
I've got a iMac & a MacBook Pro both with Virtual DJ using a external HD to play music. The files show as a folder, but when you click on them to expand the folder, nothing.
This was never a issue with Windows, only Mac. I got a Western Digital external for MAC thinking that may solve the problem, and same thing.
The issue seems to be with CD's that were burned to disc.... any suggestions!?!
Thanks in advance~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
What format are the files in? Some formats that play in Windows don't necessarily play in OS X.

OP
J
Reaction score
So I'm guessing my problem then lies with WMA, which doesn't work with Mac, but is however supported by Virtual DJ since they do play when I use my windows laptop, but not the Mac.
Ok, I need a converter, read about winff, any suggestions to do an entire external hard drive?

C

chas_m

WMA files work fine on Macs (when you add Flip4Mac and Perian) as long as they are not DRM'd (protected) audio files.

DRM'd WMA files don't play on much of anything. Aren't you glad to escape that nonsense?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.