iPhone 4 and gmail imap probs... help?!

Reaction score
So I go to Old Dominion U and want to set up my odu.edu email on my iphone. I have everything set up as they prescribe on the help sight and have imap enabled on the gmail account.

When I send out a message or try to receive my emails, I get an error saying "The username and/or password for imap.gmail.com (or smtp.gmail.com if I'm sending) is incorrect" even though I've checked them 1000 times.

Anyone know what else I am missing? Seems like everything is good to go except that emails aren't coming/going as they should... I already emailed the help desk just wondering at school just wondering if anyone had any other advice. Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
help

I am having the same issue with mine. Did you figure anything out yet?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I had the same problem. It was solved by accessing the GMail account directly on line (web access) and changing my password. After that it worked fine. Give that a try first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.