Need suggestions for an audio program

Reaction score
I recently just filmed a singing recital, and I want to edit a part of the song where the student messed up... Any suggestions? Is this even possible? Something free would be very nice :)

Reaction score
Audacity will do a great job if your only editing the soundtrack. You need something like Cinalarra for editing the video. I'm new to the Mac (coming over from the Linux world) so I'm not sure what the equiv would be for the Mac. Being that the Mac is well known for video and audio editing I suspect there is one however.

Side note, when installing Audacity install the beta version as the stable version does not work on the Mac at this time.

C

chas_m

Audacity -- doesn't impress me, to put it mildly.

Garageband is already on your Mac and will do the job for the audio, if you want to edit the video then of course iMovie is also present on your Mac already.

Another great tool for editing audio that's far superior to Audacity but doesn't cost hundreds of dollars is the $40 Amadeus Pro.

Reaction score
Ardour

I used to get the job done with Sound Forge (back in the PC years)
I don't like audacity very much so i switched to Ardour.

It is kind of professional but it is free and you're gonna like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Quicktime Pro (not free)? Another vote too for Amadeus (audio only), it's my favorite music editor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I used to get the job done with Sound Forge (back in the PC years)

Man... I truly miss using Sound Forge 9 and CD Architect since switching to a MBP as my sole DAW. :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Audacity -- doesn't impress me, to put it mildly.

Garageband is already on your Mac and will do the job for the audio, if you want to edit the video then of course iMovie is also present on your Mac already.

That about sums it up. If clipping out a couple parts is all you need, just use what you have on your computer. Gets the job done quite easily.

C

chas_m

I believe Adobe Audition is coming to the Mac very late this year or early next as well. I thought there was already something called Soundbooth from them but I'm not familiar with either one.

Reaction score
Right clicking on one or a multiple of songs in the iTunes music library or even in a playlist will bring up the option to edit songs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.