Base of my macbook pro is heating

Reaction score
hey guys can anyone offer me some advice on why the base of my macbook pro gets extremely hot during use,even just basic web browsing,any ideas?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
hey guys can anyone offer me some advice on why the base of my macbook pro gets extremely hot during use,even just basic web browsing,any ideas?

There's no real answer or solution other than that's the way they all are.;)

If you want a more technical answer...there are components inside of the laptop that generate a lot of heat...and that heat is transferred to the laptop case where you feel it. If the cooling fans inside the laptop were efficient enough to eliminate most of the heat...then the noise from the fans would be extremely loud & distracting...and you would have very poor battery life when not plugged in.

So suffice it to say...the heat you feel is normal.:)

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks

thanks very much nick,i really appreciate you getting back to me,i feel alot better now i know my mac aint about to blow up,have a good one.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
thanks very much nick,i really appreciate you getting back to me,i feel alot better now i know my mac aint about to blow up,have a good one.

You're Welcome!:) You could try installing a program like "Temperature Monitor":

Temperature Monitor: Description

This program will let you know the temps of different parts/areas of your laptop. I know folks reporting upwards of 80-85°C (even as high as 90°C)...my older 17" MacBook Pro usually doesn't get above 75°C.

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.