Trojan, divx codec, blue screen?

Reaction score
Ok this is what happened. Today I tried to watch a tv program (The Office, season 2, episode 1) on Tvshack. When I clicked the first link through which I would stream it (divxden.com) the background on my desktop changed from my normal background to a blank blue one. Nothing else happened that I could see.

I scanned with ClamXav, but it didn't find anything. I then did a google search on trojans for mac and divx, and it seems to me that it could be a trojan that I could have gotten by installing divx?!

I then tried deleting everything called divx on my computer, but coulden't delete “DivXBrowserPlugin.rsrc”.

It said the following:
The operation can’t be completed because the item “DivXBrowserPlugin.rsrc” is in use.

I haven't downloaded any pirated software or done anything compromising that I know of.

Do I have reason to be concerned?
I don't know a lot about computers and I am new to Mac, so I would greatly appreciate some words of advice.

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
I then tried deleting everything called divx on my computer, but coulden't delete “DivXBrowserPlugin.rsrc”.

It said the following:
The operation can’t be completed because the item “DivXBrowserPlugin.rsrc” is in use.

Log out and then back in, or better yet restart. Then you can delete it.
Don't know why your screen turned blue but doubt it's a trojan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.