iChat Audio Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
Sorry if this is a repeated question, but I searched the forums and didn't get any hits.

Without getting into all the details behind this, I know 5 people with iChat AV, and we all have issues audio conferencing with each other. Not everyone can audio conference with everyone else because we get out of bandwidth errors. I know I don't have a bandwidth problem as I get 360+ up and 4MB down, same with my brother-in-law down the street from me, but we can't audio conf. with each other. But both of us can audio conf with his cousin. We are all on different ISP's. The same goes for the others, and follows no real pattern.

Anyone else having a problem like this?

Thanks,
Ray

G

Graphico

Ichat AV Problems

RGertner said:
Sorry if this is a repeated question, but I searched the forums and didn't get any hits.

Without getting into all the details behind this, I know 5 people with iChat AV, and we all have issues audio conferencing with each other. Not everyone can audio conference with everyone else because we get out of bandwidth errors. I know I don't have a bandwidth problem as I get 360+ up and 4MB down, same with my brother-in-law down the street from me, but we can't audio conf. with each other. But both of us can audio conf with his cousin. We are all on different ISP's. The same goes for the others, and follows no real pattern.

Anyone else having a problem like this?

Thanks,
Ray

Yes, I am too, but don't have an answer for you. Are you all running the same operating system? I also found I can't connect to any of these people using any audio/video conferencing software on any platform

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.