500 gig hard drive in new MacBook

Reaction score
Today, my new, mid2010 refresh Macbook will arrive ... straight from China! I have added 2 gig of ram and a 500 gig hard drive.
I have a question about the new hard drive ... do I need to partition it, or is it just as good t leave it as whole? My iMac has a 320 gig drive, unpartitioned, and it has done excellently for 2.5 years. My older MB has a 160 gig drive, and of course, it's doing very well, too.

Five years ago I had only PCs and was working MCSE in networking. Macs handle hardware differently than PCs. The delight with my Macs is that "they just work!"

Also, my AppleCare is about to run out and I am wondering if there is an AppleCare extension for coverage? I cannot find anything on Apple's site regarding this.

Thanks in advance for your answers,

LauraV in TX

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Partitioning a hard drive is totally a personal choice. You can do it if you want to...or just leave it a single volume.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.