Major 3GS Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro unibody, iPhone 4 16GB, iPod Touch 1st Gen. 16GB
First of all, hi, I'm Spencer and I am new to Mac Forums. I am definitely a Mac guy and I hope you guys can help me out here.

I was one of the crazy people who waited in line for an iPhone 4 yesterday, and even with a pre order I was there 8.5 hours. So anyways now I had sold my 3GS and was trying to get all of the data off of the device without updating it to iOS 4 (my buyer wanted to do it himself). So my friend tries to help me out by using "Erase all content and settings" which takes out the phone's brain in a nutshell. Now all I get is connect to iTunes and the gentleman that bought it would be forced to download iOS4, am I right? Is there anyway for me to get my old backup back onto this phone so I can have the software back, and find some other way to get rid of all my sdata? Thanks so much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
welcome aboard... connect to iTunes and setup as new phone ? new user is not forced, he or you can just put iPhone OS 3.x.x on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.