Autorun on Mac?

Reaction score
My friend, the owner of an hp, gave me a program and I think it's not working because of autorun. I know that it's a program for Windows, but is there anything I can do to get the program to work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
If it is a Windows application, you can either:

1. Use Virtualization to run Windows on your mac
2. Use Bootcamp to run Windows on your mac
3. Try your luck with Wine to get it to run natively in your Mac OS

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry for my total lack of knowledge on the matter, but which do you recommend?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The program isn't working because, as mentioned earlier, it is a Windows application. What is the application? There may be a Mac version or an replacement that may suit your needs.

Virtualization and BootCamp require you to own a Windows license and require you to install Windows. Wine may work but I wouldn't count on it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Band in a Box 2010 with the Everything pack. It is a VERY expensive program. I guess I'll just try to find someone with it for Mac...

C

chas_m

If you want Band in a Box, you should buy it (assuming a Mac version is available, I don't know). Looking at its description, I suggest you check out Garageband, which is already on your machine (and thus free).

Talking about pirating software (even Windows software) is strictly off-limits here and definitely discouraged anyway.

PS. to directly answer your initial question, no there is no autorun for the Mac. Yet another reason why we don't have viruses.

OP
M
Reaction score
Actually they are completely different programs (thus it is not free), and no one had even mentioned pirating. I did not imply that I would give payment for the program because I had stated I wanted to find someone who owned it for Mac. Also, I did not ask if there was autorun for Mac. I asked if there was a way I could use the program despite not having autorun. Thanks for reading :]

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Actually they are completely different programs (thus it is not free), and no one had even mentioned pirating. I did not imply that I would give payment for the program because I had stated I wanted to find someone who owned it for Mac. Also, I did not ask if there was autorun for Mac. I asked if there was a way I could use the program despite not having autorun. Thanks for reading :]

If you wish to run the Windows version of "Band In A Box" it's probably best to run it from a Boot Camp partition. That would give the program all resources that your Mac has to offer rather than trying to run in virtualization mode. (Fusion, Parallels) Of course that means installing Windows on your machine.

If you need help with using Boot Camp, Apple has provided a PDF file which has the step by step instructions. Here. If you need any further information or help, post back and we'll try to answer your questions.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.