powermac 4 Keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 17" 320GB hdd 2 Gb Ram DVI Alu + Mac Pro 2x2.26 quad
have recently been given a dual G4 PMC with 4x 120GB HDD and 2 Gb ram but no disc's could any one advise whether i would need a mac keyboard or could i use one of my wireless dinivo's
as if i can get this kit going i would love to use it for work purposes

thanks in advance

nelo

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
have recently been given a dual G4 PMC with 4x 120GB HDD and 2 Gb ram but no disc's could any one advise whether i would need a mac keyboard or could i use one of my wireless dinivo's
as if i can get this kit going i would love to use it for work purposes

thanks in advance

nelo

I'm not familiar with the keyboard you mentioned...but you don't necessarily need a "Macintosh" keyboard to use with the Powermac G4 you have. Most "wired" USB keyboards will work.

When you start talking wireless keyboards you might start to run into a little more trouble...since sometimes this involves software that may or may not be available for the Mac.

You basically have to give that wireless keyboard you have a try to see if it works. And if not...check the manufacturers website for any Mac compatible software.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06; 24" iMac 3.06; MBP 15 i7; 13" Macbook 2.4; 32gb iPodTouch; iMac G4; PowerMac G3&G4
scorpion by

I've used simple non-Apple wireless keyboards that communicate through a USB stick in both my iMac G4 and Power Mac G4. What WON'T work are newer Apple wireless keyboards, unless you have a Bluetooth card. I also haven't had luck getting the wireless keyboard to work using the Airport card in the iMac G4, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. The biggest problem I've ran into is re-mapping the keyboard for thingys like the eject button. Many non-Apple kbds don't have an eject key command key, etc. I just don't like having to open up Terminal everytime I need to kick the door open.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.