iMac i7 performance help

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1 terabyte iMac i7 and sometimes when watching videos recorded off fraps of bad company 2 the video will suddenly be very choppy. This only happens when watching the fraps videos in full screen. This will also happen in the game itself. When playing Bad Company 2 the fps will suddenly drop from 69 to 20. It will remain at about the 20 mark for a while. If I look down or up which would increase the fps the fps will go back up to 60. I also have some stuttering in modern warfare 2. This is all in bootcamp by the way.

So will this issue be resolved by increasing the bootcamp partition? The current size of the partition is 200 gb. Or is this issue graphics driver related or maybe something else. Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're not going to speed graphics up by increasing the partition size and may well cause problems if you attempt it.

Which version of Windows are you running from Boot Camp? You may need to see if updated graphic drivers are available for your GPU and install them. Sometimes that helps. Just make sure that you download and install the correct driver. If you're running Win 7 64 bit for example, you'll need to download the 64 bit driver set for your GPU.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
sounds more like an issue with fraps itself and not your iMac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.