Iphone 3gs

M

Mac Forums

Hello I bought my Iphone 3gs last March and have 2 other Iphones in my family. My sons Phone was jailbroken and he didnt want it anymore so he restored and he was fine upgrading and restoring it. My wife had no problems either and she updated it. So im trying to upgrade my 3gs to 4.0 and i click upgrade and it says i need to transfer apps and i just click continue anyway. It will then say verifying then it goes to to backing up. Then after some time it will say tht it I disconected my Iphone and i need to reconect and try again. The exact messsage says "Itunes could not back up Iphone because bakup session failed" I then click Ok and a new message pops up tht says "Please disconnect Iphone and Reconnect Iphone and try again". Totally confused on this and would appreciate help,
Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
welcome aboard.... you have the newest iTunes ? i had this issue when i was using iOS4 Beta/GM with older iTunes version...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Actually Itunes wont even let you upgrade the 4.0 without the 9.2 itunes version from what I have noticed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
Actually Itunes wont even let you upgrade the 4.0 without the 9.2 itunes version from what I have noticed

it did w/ the Beta's & GM versions... iTunes 9.2 actually wasn't released yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.