Can i get some support?

Reaction score
Hey!
I'm a first time mac user and i was wondering i could get some assistance. I did not turn off my mac properly and the next time i turned it back on this

Panic(cpu 0 caller 0x0043913f) : "unable to find driver for this platform :\ "ACPI\ " . \n"@/SourceCache/xnu-1228.15.4/iokit/kernal/IOplatformexpert.cpp:1407
debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : return address (4 potential args on stack)

appeared. I was wondering if I can get some step by step instructions on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

OP
D
Reaction score
No luck

Sorry no luck. Tried the ones i could. i can't seem to type anything when it comes to the single user mode and reset the PRAM didn't work and when i pressed option command O P the command prompt doesn't pop up. Its just stuck in telling me to reset. Also when it came to the hardware test it froze and could not get pass checking memory.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If the hardware test froze testing memory, then you might have found your issue.

Question, Is the computer totally stock or have you added or upgraded the RAM (memory) at one point?

The only reason I am wondering if it is the RAM is because of your first post. You said you shut it down the wrong way. Can you explain what you mean? Why did you shut it down the incorrect way? Did it Panic? Lock?

Edit: one more quick question. You did not move any system files around on the hard drive?

OP
D
Reaction score
I was in a rush so i had to hold the power button assuming it would shut down faster without problems. Yes it panic and no i did not add any RAM at any point. No did not move any system files

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sounds like maybe OSX got messed up with that forced Shut Down. It rarely happens (at least in my experience) but it can and does happen. I would try a reinstall of OSX. What version are you running?

OP
D
Reaction score
So i currently have the Mac OS X install disc 1 in how do i get it running? Oh and im pretty sure im running on verison 10.5.8.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What version of OSX is it? That is important. If it's 10.5 or 10.4 I would choose Archive and Install from the Options menu in the installer. If it's 10.6 default is Archive and Install.

OP
D
Reaction score
So its verison 10.5 so, how do i get to the achieve its currently in a reboot loop and i get seem to get the command prompt or the single user mode working.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Opps, forgot one part as I did not read your last message.

Hit the power button and when you hear the Startup Sound hold down the C key. Keep it down till the OSX boot screen shows up. If for some reason it does not, write back.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sorry holding down C did not work.

What color is the OS disk you are trying to use?

Where did you get this disk (did the disk come with the computer when it was new...or did you get it some time after you purchased the computer)?

This info is very important...and it makes a difference how you answer.

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Then holding C should boot the DVD. Do remember, just don't TAP C, Hold it and keep it down after the startup sound.

If that still does not work try doing the same but with the Option key. HOLD Option down right after the Startup Sound and keep it down. A Boot menu should pop up. If you see the OSX DVD click that and on the right arrow.

OP
D
Reaction score
So i tried holding down the C key and that did not work. and when i held the option key and it let me chose the HD or the CD when i clicked on the CD it took me back to that error code and told me to rebot once again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.