My 3 minute iPhone 4 woes...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
So I pick up my 32GB iPhone 4 from my local Apple Store today. Yay! Ever since then it keeps resetting every 3 minutes, exactly.

I spent the last hour on tech support w/ Apple and we did everything under the sun to try and fix it. Nothing worked. So they are overnighting me a brand new 32GB iPhone 4. The guy was sure to mention that he was going to wave the $29.95 FedEx fee... like I would pay it?!

Anyone else heard of or had similar issues? I mean NOTHING worked... factory reset, soft reset, restore, yada yada yada...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4GHz, 4GB, GT 320M
That sucks! :( At least Apple is taking care of it. I find that funny about the shipping too. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20in 2.4ghz
Wow that sucks! Actually my phone went completly blank for about 5 minutes. Tried to reset several times. My mac could not recognize it when plugged in either. After about 5 minutes though it just came back on.

Reaction score
not cool and apple dropped the ball. After waiting online for that phone I really feel they should have done more free year or me.com or a future discount. I feel very strong about this being you waited online, now you have to stick around for a fedex drop yet another day or wasted of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
gotham, you think they should offer you something for not being able to sell you the phone on launch day? Get over yourself

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
good customer service, I hope the new one is a working one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
So I pick up my 32GB iPhone 4 from my local Apple Store today. Yay! Ever since then it keeps resetting every 3 minutes, exactly.

I spent the last hour on tech support w/ Apple and we did everything under the sun to try and fix it. Nothing worked. So they are overnighting me a brand new 32GB iPhone 4. The guy was sure to mention that he was going to wave the $29.95 FedEx fee... like I would pay it?!

Anyone else heard of or had similar issues? I mean NOTHING worked... factory reset, soft reset, restore, yada yada yada...

Did you get Applecare for your New Phone? if you did you shouldent of paid a dime.... especially if it was defective... Wait i think even with no Applecare Apple shouldent of charged you anything

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
No AppleCare (yet) - but I have had it on all of my past iPhones as well as on my wife's and brother's - we all had iPhones and all upgraded yesterday.

I just bought a brand new phone, spent several hundreds of dollars... no way in **** I would have agreed to pay for shipping when THEY sold me a defective product.

I'm not Apple bashing here, I love them and have multiple Apple products, but it just seemed a little ridiculous that the guy even brought up the idea of possibly having a shipping charge!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
No AppleCare (yet) - but I have had it on all of my past iPhones as well as on my wife's and brother's - we all had iPhones and all upgraded yesterday.

I just bought a brand new phone, spent several hundreds of dollars... no way in **** I would have agreed to pay for shipping when THEY sold me a defective product.

I'm not Apple bashing here, I love them and have multiple Apple products, but it just seemed a little ridiculous that the guy even brought up the idea of possibly having a shipping charge!

I know Just doesent sound like Apple to nickle and Dime you over a shipping charge when you obviously went thru tech support and they couldent fix it... then the resolution was a new phone, just doesent sound like them is all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacBook Pro
The first iPhone 3GS I had was defective and I got it replaced right away by Apple with no fuss or muss. Nobody likes getting a bricked device from jump but in my experiences, Apple has handled such problems diligently and I can't say the same for other companies - Dell comes to mind. Anyhew, I got the iPhone 4 yesterday and it's working perfectly.

OP
IZVERG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Well I couldn't wait 'till Saturday! Called up the local Apple Store and they did have a 32GB from someone's pre-order yesterday that did not come to pick it up. Sucks for them 'cuz I snagged it! Will just refuse receipt of the one Apple is sending when it arrives, I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
cool.... so you can "play" this weekend :}

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.