ibook screen problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac g5 1.8ghz 1 gb ram iBook G4 1.2ghz 768 mb ram
i posted this problem a month or two ago, and didn't get any specific answer. when my screen on my ibook is slightly moved sometimes, the screen dims as if the timer thing is on (which it is not). it seems like maybe there is a loose cable or something, but I'm no expert. will some of you ibook owners try slightly tilting your screen to see if it dims any. i need to know if i should go to the apple store or not.

thanks

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Hrm.... Are saying that the brightness of the screen seems to adjust, when you move the screen back and forth. Because on all lcd screens, if you are not at eye level with the screen, the brightness does vary.

This is going to sound so stupid, but try looking at the screen at different levels. Look at the screen from above, and look at the screen from below. You will see the screen darken and brighten without any movement of the screen on your part.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i understand what your saying. with mine the screen just goes dim, its not the angle, like if someone were to turn out one of the lights behind the screen or somethin

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Okay, I was hoping that that wasn't the circumstance, but you never know with some people. :eek:

I moved the screen back and forth, and I haven't seen any flickering of any sort. I'm guess, you don't have Applecare, do you? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Originally posted on 5/5/05....
caribiner23 said:
Sounds like you're under warranty and a call to Apple is in order.

I agree with that post from then, and still agree with it today...
tomasismyname said:
i posted this problem a month or two ago, and didn't get any specific answer...... i need to know if i should go to the apple store or not.

That first post sounds pretty specific to me...;)
Seriously, give Apple a call and see if you can send it in to be looked at.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
k. thanks for the advice!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.