• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie Titles

Reaction score
I'm creating a video for work, and at the beginning, I just want a black screen with our logo on it, but this appears to be so hard to do for some reason. Can anyone help?

I'm using iMovie '08

Reaction score
Hi

This shouldn't be too hard to achieve....

Open up a graphics program - pretty much anyone will do.

Create a new image. I created one about 1024 x 768, but it's not too critical.

Give it a black colour for your background.

Create a new layer. Draw a suitably sized rectangle for your logo to go into.

Select the rectangle (method will vary depending on the graphics program that you are using).

Presuming you already have your logo prepared, open it in the same program and copy it. Then paste into the selected rectaangle mentioned above.

Save it as a png or jpeg to your desktop and then import it into iPhoto.

Open iMovie.

Now, I have an older version of the program but similar arrangements will apply, I'm sure.

Make sure that you have the clip viewer selected (ie NOT Timeline) at the bottom of the screen.

Go to the Media button. Select Photos. You should find the image there.

Apply the Ken Burns effect. Drag the image from the panel to the start of your movie and you're done.

Hope all that makes sense, but if you would like further clarification, let me know. If you succeed, let everyone know!

Cheers Mitcherooney

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.