bootcamp and internet connections

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" OSX 10.5.4 Leopard: 4gb/500gb
Using a iMac OS X 10.5.4.

The first time I used bootcamp (Windows XP), I do not remember having to set up anything to have internet access. this was months ago.

recently I got rid of that partition and created a new partition, thus, installed a new windows XP. This time around, there is no internet connection in Bootcamp. I've tried setting one up (i don't know how to be honest), and got to a point where it was trying to search for a plug & play modem... could not find one. I have this ethernet cable I never remove so I'm unsure as to why it failed to detect it.

What should I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Did you install all the Bootcamp drivers? If you did, they should all show up in internet connections.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro quad core 2.80 ghz , 4 gig ram, dual 8800 gtx SLI, Mac Mini dual core 1.83, 2 gig ram
Are you going through a router? power cycle that, or bypass it all together. other then that the drivers should initialize if it is a install. BTW you should'nt need a internet connection to install windows using bootcamp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.