Browser Idea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Ok this is what I sent Apple through Safari's bug menu.. I would love to see something like this in any browser.. I just might use it if it had something like this!

------
This is more of an idea.. it would be nice to have a feature that basically saved the state of the browser.. so let's say you have a couple windows open with a couple tabs each.. then you install an OS update and have to restart.. So I would click on your "Save Browser State" menu option and then restart the computer.. after it reboots you load up Safari and then select the "Execute/Return Browser State" and it would open those windows and tabs exactly like you had them...
------

Ideas? Thoughts? Any of you have some pull with any browsers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Murlyn said:
Ok this is what I sent Apple through Safari's bug menu.. I would love to see something like this in any browser.. I just might use it if it had something like this!

------
This is more of an idea.. it would be nice to have a feature that basically saved the state of the browser.. so let's say you have a couple windows open with a couple tabs each.. then you install an OS update and have to restart.. So I would click on your "Save Browser State" menu option and then restart the computer.. after it reboots you load up Safari and then select the "Execute/Return Browser State" and it would open those windows and tabs exactly like you had them...
------

Ideas? Thoughts? Any of you have some pull with any browsers?

I like it. I don't suppose you could also suggest to them that the Google search bar also have a "highlight" feature? That's the one thing I really miss about IE on my old PC laptop.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I sure can, but the reason I was posting that was so that all of you can also use that nifty little bug menu at the top right and send them an email about it also... Now that you mentioned the highlighting feature.. Im going to send that to them.. everyone send both ideas to Apple! I would love to have those features in Safari :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Wow, nice idea. I thought of something like that, but then iCab came out with my idea, of saving everything on webpages so you don't need to be online to get the info, and the cache is like a couple mb and lasts for ever.

I like your idea better :)

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm.. maybe I need to start spreading this idea to other browsers that way someone will do it.. I really do think it's a great idea and I'd love to see it!

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I just submitted it to most all the other browsers.. I didnt to Mozilla because they made me jump through every hoop there was just so I could send them the idea.. so I decided they don't get the idea.. too bad for them! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
cant you download the source code for a mozilla browser and try your idea?

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah I think I can download it, but since Im a web developer I wouldnt have any idea how to implement something like that :)

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Opera emailed me back:

Windows > Save Window State

or on the PC

File > Sessions > Save sessions

Looks like I wasnt the first to have the idea :( *hehe* I just might have to check Opera out again.. Safari better get their act together.. after looking at a couple other browsers I am seeing things I really like..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
i think omniweb has that option, but i didnt know it would save tabs or what page you had open

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im definitely going to need to go and check out those other browsers again.. one thing I don't like about safari is that I can't tab to drop down menus or checkbox's radio's etc.. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Murlyn said:
one thing I don't like about safari is that I can't tab to drop down menus or checkbox's radio's etc.. :(

i think that has more to do with the whole apple UI than safari by itself.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I just know when I used IE I could do it.. so I really miss it :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.