Ipad ios4...flash?

Reaction score
It came acrosse my mind the other day....will the ipad ios4 have flash support.. Are there going to be added features to the ipad ios4?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
There really isn't much information about IOS4 for the iPad yet. Besides a estimate release date of in the fall.

But my guess is flash will not be supported, yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4GHz, 4GB, GT 320M
Don't get your hopes up...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Flash ? No, it won't EVER be supported. NEVAH. I wish it weren't true, but at this point, Apple would be super hypocrites if they suddenly said, "ah well, ok... we take back everything we've ever said about Flash. Here ya go".

t'aint gunna happen.

Doug

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Here's why Flash will never be on the "iDevices".

C

chas_m

Just for the record: Steve has said repeatedly, in person and in print, that they'd be happy to put Flash on the iDevices -- the minute Adobe comes out with a version of Flash that is stable, fast, and power efficient.

So far, Adobe have been unable to produce such a thing.

OP
N
Reaction score
Well lets hope adobe kicks it up a notch... Maybe thsts wat apples wait for... Adove cud be coming out with something new and imoroved that they want to put in to ipad ios4

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Conventional wisdom says that Apple will not put Flash on the devices..for more than enough reasons..you can Google for those..and if things like HTML5 and other open technologies do take off like Apple is hoping it will..then Apple will be vindicated and the Flash issue will be moot..

Regards

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
No, Adobe hasn't been able to produce such a thing. A quick search online will yield results showing poor performance of Flash on the Mac and there is no reason to think that it will perform much better on iOS. The prime reason that extensions like ClickToFlash and FlashBlock exist is for this very reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, Adobe hasn't been able to produce such a thing. A quick search online will yield results showing poor performance of Flash on the Mac and there is no reason to think that it will perform much better on iOS. The prime reason that extensions like ClickToFlash and FlashBlock exist is for this very reason.

I do agree that there's poor performance on the Mac, but that doesn't mean the don't and haven't produced these products/programs. Maybe they should work together on it...then again, Steve Jobs knows everything. :p

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do agree that there's poor performance on the Mac, but that doesn't mean the don't and haven't produced these products/programs.
If they have, where is it ;)? I'm all for giving Adobe a chance as I'd love to see a usable version of Flash but until they produce something, the onus is on Adobe to make something happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If they have, where is it ;)? I'm all for giving Adobe a chance as I'd love to see a usable version of Flash but until they produce something, the onus is on Adobe to make something happen.

For starters, it seems to run more efficient and less demanding in Windows machines (in my little experience with my new MBP that is).

Besides that, Android 2.2, rooted Android 1.1 and other devices are running it just fine. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
For starters, it seems to run more efficient and less demanding in Windows machines (in my little experience with my new MBP that is).

Besides that, Android 2.2, rooted Android 1.1 and other devices are running it just fine. :D

I'd recommend buying an Android device then if your'e thinking it's necessary to have Flash on a mobile device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd recommend buying an Android device then if your'e thinking it's necessary to have Flash on a mobile device.

Thanks for the advice. That is indeed what I have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.