Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.1f5

Now I want to know if my iMac would easily take a memory chip in, how much it can take and the price it should be.

My iMac runs pretty good on Snow Leopard 10.6 and I like Intels more so I'm thinking of sticking with my old little iMac but I'm hoping I CAN still fix it up.

And there's 1 more thing I'd like to know:
My iMac is one of those mean defected ones where a white vertical line started to appear a little after my warranty expired and I've been using it like it is lately and have been used to it.

Here's a recent picture:
img00427201006232242.jpg

(I'm running Windows 7 on Parallels)

So here's some questions about my white vertical line problem:
1. Can I hook up another monitor/screen?
2. What's the best connection for full quality, VGA, HDMI, etc?
3. Will I be able to use both my iMac screen and the new one? Or just one?
4. I have a 22 inch 1080i with VGA input, what resolution would it give me?

Basic Questions:
1. Will my 2gig iMac (Early 06) take in more memory? If so how much more?
2. Where should I buy my RAM chips/memory? (Not sure how they're really called)
3. How much more gigs do I need to see a big difference?
4. Are these items good?
1GB Memory RAM for Apple iMac Intel 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo - eBay (item 270588702602 end time Jul-03-10 14:57:09 PDT)
2GB RAM MEMORY APPLE MAC iMAC Intel 2.16GHz CORE 2 DUO - eBay (item 390172535689 end time Jul-18-10 10:07:25 PDT)

Now I don't know how adding/replacing ram works but is it possible to keep the 2gig I have now and add more? Or is it that I have to replace it? That confuses me. I want to be able to have at least up to 4 ram. :D

For those who bothered to take on my somewhat long (but easy to some) post, thank you VERY much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.