Launch Failure

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
I installed a copy of Drive Genius on my mac osx, but never used it so deleted the app. But now when I turn on the mac I get this error message..

Launch Failure

The main Drive Genius application could not be
found. Please copy the application from the drive
Genius install DVD to your local disk.

I do not have a install disk for this software, so unable to do as it says. Did I not uninstall it correctly? and how can I get rid of this problem/error message?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
System Prefs > Accounts > Login Items to see if it's nestling in there. If so, remove it, reboot, and see if the problem persists.

Second option. Use Cmd-F (Finder) from Desktop, and search using the keyword(s) Drive or Drive Genius and see what's found. You can move any items located to Trash (select > Cmd-Delete) and delete them later.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP
Thanks for your reply.

I didnt have much joy though. Drive genius is not listed in the Login Items, and I cant find any drive genius files by searching in the finder, anything else anybody can think of?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open your Finder and navigate to the following:

MacIntosh HD/Library/LaunchAgents/

MacIntosh HD/Library/LaunchDaemons/

If it's in either place or both, delete the folder or files.

Regards.

Reaction score
problem solved

Thank you for the easy solution to the Drive Genius "launch failure" message upon start up...... I appreciate your posting

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have read through these helps and tried all. Nothing is left with which relates to drive genius and still I get this message. Can you help?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have read through these helps and tried all. Nothing is left with which relates to drive genius and still I get this message. Can you help?

I am in the same situation here folks. Only thing left is to reformat my HD unless someone can help!

Reaction score
How to remove the 'Launch Failure' warning

The easiest way to remove the 'Launch Failure' warning after having uninstalled the program is to go to the Prosoft download page at Prosofteng.com/downloads. Then:
  1. Download the trial version of Drive Genius 3 (to uninstall it again)
  2. Install it
  3. When Drive Genius is running, go to the tool bar at the top of your screen and select uninstall
  4. When the uninstall dialogue box appears select 'uninstall all'
  5. After uninstalling, log out of your Apple user profile or just reboot*

When you reboot, the warning won't appear. I just did this after a week of lazily ignoring the warning.

*Note: I logged out, logged back in and then rebooted, for good measure, but that probably isn't necessary.

Reaction score
The easiest way to remove the 'Launch Failure' warning after having uninstalled the program is to go to the Prosoft download page at Prosofteng.com/downloads. Then:
  1. Download the trial version of Drive Genius 3 (to uninstall it again)
  2. Install it
  3. When Drive Genius is running, go to the tool bar at the top of your screen and select uninstall
  4. When the uninstall dialogue box appears select 'uninstall all'
  5. After uninstalling, log out of your Apple user profile or just reboot*

When you reboot, the warning won't appear. I just did this after a week of lazily ignoring the warning.

*Note: I logged out, logged back in and then rebooted, for good measure, but that probably isn't necessary.

holy crap. your one week = my year plus of dealing with this. so words cannot explain how grateful I am of you for posting this. I was legitimately going to reformat my computer one of these days to rid myself of that stupid error.

again, thank you thank you!!

Reaction score
All sorted out now!

holy crap. your one week = my year plus of dealing with this. so words cannot explain how grateful I am of you for posting this. I was legitimately going to reformat my computer one of these days to rid myself of that stupid error.

again, thank you thank you!!

Hi, no problem. Happy to help.

Reaction score
A simple solution with a bit of shell

As a switcher from command line OS, it may be easier to me.
As state above, the offending file is in this directory :

Mac_HD/Library/LaunchAgents

For some reasons (simplicity ?) this folder may appear blank in the Finder
Open a terminal windows (I use iTerm wich is great) and type these commands :

cd /Library/LaunchAgents
ls -l

You should see this file (at least) :

com.prosofteng.DGMonitor.plist

Remove it (type: rm com.prosofteng.DGMonitor.plist) , this will solve your problem.

Hope this help !

Reaction score
drive genius failure launch

I tried this one and it worked: MacIntosh HD/Library/application support/

you should find the drive genius folder there

Reaction score
I had the similar problem and did not locate the plist in the Launch folders. Wondering if they were someplace else, and before seeing the post by dhalia1930, I did a locate.

To do so go to Terminal (I tried using Finder but it would not show the file or folder) and type (or copy and paste) the following command:

Code:
locate com.prosofteng.DGMonitor.plist

I found the same folder that dhalia1930 noted and then deleted it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.