MacBook Pro Battery Life

Reaction score
Hello, I have recently purchased a MacBook Pro "13 screen. It is great except for the battery life. Apple claims that the battery lasts about 7 hours I think but when I use my computer unplugged, the battery lasts for only 3 hours at the most. I do not suspect that Apple is lying but rather there is something wrong with my battery or that I am doing something wrong. Perhaps I have to calibrate the battery to get the best results. Is this plausible? What do you think?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Apple claims that the battery lasts about 7 hours I think but when I use my computer unplugged, the battery lasts for only 3 hours at the most. I do not suspect that Apple is lying but rather there is something wrong with my battery or that I am doing something wrong.

You have to give us more information than..."when I use my computer unplugged, the battery lasts for only 3 hours at the most".

What are you doing on your computer when it's unplugged?

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
H
Reaction score
I mostly just use my wireless internet. I Usually only have one application on at once too. I don't see how it would make such a big difference as 4 hours just from having one too many things running at once unless I am mistaken.

Reaction score
There are still many different factors you have yet to layout that can affect your battery life in many ways. What are your graphics settings? What is the brightness set to? (On the keyboard too) etc. There is a lot that can affect the battery life.

OP
H
Reaction score
I never have the key lights on and usually my screen lights are on less than half capacity. As for my graphics, they are on the default settings. Is there anything else that would effect my battery life?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.