I'm looking to switch to a mac..

Reaction score
I'm looking to switch to a mac. Do I have to buy new games and stuff I have left 4 dead downloaded from windows xp. Will they work on a mac or do I have to buy all new games, disks, etc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4GHz, 4GB, GT 320M
I'm looking to switch to a mac. Do I have to buy new games and stuff I have left 4 dead downloaded from windows xp. Will they work on a mac or do I have to buy all new games, disks, etc?

There is a lot of information for new switchers in the stickies that might be beneficial for you to read. If you have a copy of Windows, you can install Windows on your Mac using Bootcamp. You can also run Windows side-by-side with OSx using Parallels, VMWare, etc.

If you do this, you can install your Windows software on the Windows side.

Hope this helps. There's a lot of information already on this forum that has helped me a lot. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Welcome to Mac-Forums!

Just to clarify, BB means General Discussions (2nd section of M-F) > Switcher Hangout. BB's right - lots of thoughts/advice there.

C

chas_m

Another note: if you purchased the games from Steam, then you should not need to re-purchase any Steam games available for Mac. Not many are at present, but that number will grow quickly (we are told).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.