I have Mac 0S X version:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2

Version 10.5.8

Not to long after i purchased the machine I experienced "blooming" in the top left corner. It was no inconvenience, and when the machine was switched on not noticeable.

I now have a problem, in as much as if the mouse enters the area affected in the top left corner the screen goes blank. I move the mouse and the screen reappears as normal. Has any body experienced this ? I have tried 3 mouse (mice) and the problem is the same. More of a nuisance than anything else (as long as it does not get worse )

Thanks in anticipation....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Check your desktop background and screensaver options in SysPrefs for a start. Adjust settings there and post back with anything further re the screen problem.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air, pro ipad air
Thanks hughvane..

Tried all that and no joy at all. Even changed keyboards and mouse again. It only occurs when I place the mouse in the very top left hand corner. Guess I'll just have to live with it.

Thanks again

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If it only does it when you put the cursor in a corner, then there is a hot corner set up.

System Preferences - Expose & Spaces - Expose tab - check the Active Screen Corners settings

20100624-fuy8du1msxpjh41bjcj4126a3x.jpg

Sounds like that top left box is set to 'Put display to sleep' - then when you move your mouse again it wakes up.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air, pro ipad air
If it only does it when you put the cursor in a corner, then there is a hot corner set up.

System Preferences - Expose & Spaces - Expose tab - check the Active Screen Corners settings

20100624-fuy8du1msxpjh41bjcj4126a3x.jpg

Sounds like that top left box is set to 'Put display to sleep' - then when you move your mouse again it wakes up.

:D Thanks bobtomay, that was the problem. Never use expose so not sure how that happened.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.