pboo or ibook and ram upgrade question

M

Muleking

I'm gonna be buying my first mac. I'm really on the fence as to whether is should go with the 12" ibook or powerbook. I like the look and extra power of the powerbook but the ibook is cheaper and i'm not gonna be doing anything to advanced on the machine.

Anyway, how easy is it to upgrade the ram on one of these machines? I'm pretty competent at upgrading pcs, i just want to know if anyone can send me a link with some pictures. Is the ram easy acess or will i have to go underneath the keyboard to get at it? I want to add a gig of ram when i get the machine, and I don't want to pay apples apalling prices for ram.

thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It is very easy for both to upgrade ram. I am not sure if they are still both under the keyboard but if they are it is very easy. I have an older powerbook and you just pull back on the keyboard tabs and slide in the ram. They may have switched it to underneath the computer but I am not sure

OP
S

shahid

Muleking said:
I'm gonna be buying my first mac. I'm really on the fence as to whether is should go with the 12" ibook or powerbook. I like the look and extra power of the powerbook but the ibook is cheaper and i'm not gonna be doing anything to advanced on the machine.

Anyway, how easy is it to upgrade the ram on one of these machines? I'm pretty competent at upgrading pcs, i just want to know if anyone can send me a link with some pictures. Is the ram easy acess or will i have to go underneath the keyboard to get at it? I want to add a gig of ram when i get the machine, and I don't want to pay apples apalling prices for ram.

thank you

Hello

The memory slot is located underneath the keyboard on the newer G4 1.2ghz ibook, instructions to install the memory can be found in the user manual, and they are very helpful.
I personally upgraded my memory with a 1 gig memory stick purchased from the crucial website.
The process of installing the memory is very easy according to the instructions in the manual which comes with your ibook.

Hope this helps

Shahid :doctor:

OP
M

Muleking

shahid said:
Hello

The memory slot is located underneath the keyboard on the newer G4 1.2ghz ibook, instructions to install the memory can be found in the user manual, and they are very helpful.
I personally upgraded my memory with a 1 gig memory stick purchased from the crucial website.
The process of installing the memory is very easy according to the instructions in the manual which comes with your ibook.

Hope this helps

Shahid :doctor:
'

sounds good, much thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.