MPEG audio problems.

Reaction score
I recently got married and all of my videos are captured on my brother-in-law's sony handycam. I though that I would borrow it and transfer everything onto my computer so I could make a dvd of the entire event; however, when I tried to upload the videos to my MacBook Pro it told me that the .mpg videos were not supported by my quicktime, itunes, or imovie. So I decided to spend $19.00 and buy the mpeg reader for quicktime from the apple store. Now it successfully plays the videos; however, there is no sound! Has anyone else had this problem and can anyone offer a solution? I've tried downloading other software such as windows media player and nothing has worked. I download them onto my husbands computer which is an HP and they work just fine but, since he doesn't have imovie or idvd, I can't really do much with them once they're on there.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
-Ashley

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks, I downloaded that, but still no audio.
Any other ideas or suggestions?

Reaction score
Hi i just read your thread from last year. I am having the same problem. Can you tell me if you ever got the problem sorted

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.