Ipad/phone photo compression?

Reaction score
Hi

I am planning to get an ipad Monday and need to decide on memory size.

I have a 16gb iphone an this just about holds all my photos/music.

Does the ipad use the same compression? I will not need music so 16gb might do if it is the same.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
But how much free space is left on your iPhone or is it completely full? If you are pretty much at capacity, I would get the 32gb iPad and not have to worry about adding more photos in the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
In my opinion, a 16GB iPhone 4 and 16GB iPad are plenty as far as storage capacity goes. If you can comfortably fit everything on your current 16GB iPhone by making some "library sacrifices", I say go for it. No reason to spend money on a 32GB iPad that you probably don't need.

Reaction score
I seriously think of buying iPad but I wanna ask those having experience with it Can iPad use to make phone call? I mean can I use it as a mobile?

Cheers:D

C

chas_m

I've never quite understood the mentality of trying to fit every bit of music/video/photos etc one owns onto a mobile device. Its a losing game, surely -- you'll eventually fill up the device at a far faster rate than they'll make ever-larger storage capacity iPads.

I tend to put what I think of as a week's worth of music and a weekend's worth of video on portable devices, and set up a smart playlist to automatically freshen that whenever I sync (which I have to do periodically to charge and update the device anyway). Simple, quick and I never have to worry about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.