I think I am still considered a "switcher", but no real reason to post much...

Reaction score
Just wondering how much memory is available on my MBP. I've got only 35 songs for my IPOD. I've updated the software when it was upgraded for instalation.

It didn't say how much is left in the "system information". How do I tell. BTW. I got that info from selecting the apple icon on top. If there is more detailed information somewhere else. I am not sure.

Thank you.

BTW.
I've had my MBP for almost two years. I am still learning every time I sit and use it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
The easiest way to tell how much hard drive space you have (this is an assumption because you talk about songs and upgrades) is to open finder - select your hard drive from the side bar(usually under devices) - ctrl-click -> get info
It will show the capacity, available and used

If you don't see a side bar go to the pulldown menu view -> show side bar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hi,

Memory is different then storage.

Memory refers to your RAM which is used dynamically by the system - it's overall use is determined by the nature and quantity of programs you run.

Storage is where - in your example - your 35 songs are stored. The amount of available storage is reflected in your hard drive space. Easiest way to find that out is to open Finder - assuming you've only got one disk, and the finder opens to your home folder or the Applications folder, at the bottom it will display how much storage is available.

The terminology is important because if you need to upgrade your storage, you're changing out different hardware then you would be should you need to upgrade your memory (RAM).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Apple>about this Mac, more info, serial-ATA.... and you will see the name and size of your HD.
It will look something like this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.