New to imac not impressed so far

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"3.06GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO ATI RADEON HD 4850 512MB4GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRAM,1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
Ordered my First imac 27" on May 14th came the 25th screen marked behind glass phone local store gave me 4 numbers to ring when none of them worked they promised to get back they didn't, i got through to Apple care in Texas they arranged to pick it up and send new one,2 weeks later phone call to say they had messed the order up and had me down for a refund, phoned by Apple Dublin new one ordered arrived yesterday worked fine for an hour then put in sleep mode since then every time i wake it the top left of the screen is bright green pixels and some through the middle as well lasts for about 30 -45 seconds then clears, tried shut down on restart yellow band from top to bottom that cleared then screen looked like it was two halves stuck together,working fine now but sleep problem intermittent, Apple have offered another replacement and a goodwill gesture, i am not sure what to do has anyone else had the screen problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post is difficult to read.... Obviously there's something wrong with the display on your iMac. Contact Apple and ask for another replacement.

How did you contact Apple care in Texas when it appears you're in Ireland -Dublin? Or maybe I'm not understanding your wording in the post.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Dublin, Erath County, in Texas.

The OP appears to have had a chapter of misfortunes, but the only things he can do are to continue holding out for a fully functioning iMac, his entitlement under consumer law; or to claim a full refund and buy elsewhere.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27"3.06GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO ATI RADEON HD 4850 512MB4GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRAM,1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
Yeah sorry about the garbled rant, the Apple care number was in Texas, a guy called Wolf shnieder he messed the order up so they picked up on it in Dublin Apple care office, anyway i am gutted and not impressed i have to call them tomorrow, i have kept my first imac so i can transfer the data so i have two faulty imacs now.
i have noticed lots of you tube videos on screen problems but not like mine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Dublin, Erath County, in Texas.

The OP appears to have had a chapter of misfortunes, but the only things he can do are to continue holding out for a fully functioning iMac, his entitlement under consumer law; or to claim a full refund and buy elsewhere.

Yea, thanks Hugh. Dublin, Texas. :Smirk: How about that? But I agree with you, he should press for a new machine.

Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah sorry about the garbled rant, the Apple care number was in Texas, a guy called Wolf shnieder he messed the order up so they picked up on it in Dublin Apple care office, anyway i am gutted and not impressed i have to call them tomorrow, i have kept my first imac so i can transfer the data so i have two faulty imacs now.
i have noticed lots of you tube videos on screen problems but not like mine.

I suggest you hang in there. Apple will make it good. I sympathize with you having to go through the hassle of yet another replacement but I'm sure you will get a fully functioning new machine. Right now things are kind of hectic at Apple with the new iPhone 4 just hitting the streets starting tomorrow and the iPad rush. Not an excuse, but they are pretty busy right about now.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.