Newbbie needs help coming from earthlink

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7/500Gb/4Gb/15inch
just moved from PC after 20 years to Macbook Pro i7/500gb/4gb/15inch. Problem is that the Earthlink web mail shows my Inbox to be empty and my trash folder to be empty but these new emails and trashed emails are still present in Entourage.

Any thoughts on how I can make sure that both Entourage and Earthlink Web mail both show the same results?

Thanks,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved this to the correct forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook, non-Pro, Snow Leopard
I don't know squat about Entourage, but as I understand it's basically Outlook Express for Mac? Outlook Express, by default, downloads your mail from the mail server onto your computer and then deletes it from the server. There's a checkbox in Outlook that allows you to override that default behaviour, but I'm not sure if it exists in Entourage, and I'm at work right now and my Mac's at home, so I can't look it up.

Mail.app behaves the way you want by default. I personally prefer to use either webmail or Evolution (since Evolution is platform-independent), but if you get comfy with Mail instead of Entourage you should be able to fix everything up just by switching.

C

chas_m

So what Citizen Bleys is saying is that the emails aren't on the server anymore, so they're never going to appear in your webmail.

What you probably want to do is transfer your old Entourage database of email from the old machine to the new one (assuming you're going to keep using Entourage on the new one), or CONVERT the old Entourage emails into whatever new email client program (not webmail) you choose on the Mac (I happen to like Apple's Mail client -- google "Entourage to Mail OS X" for programs and tips on converting your mail and address books to the right places).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.