trying to connect to wi-fi, getting computer-to-computer status

Reaction score
First of all I apologize if there was a thread like this before, couldnt find it.

Heres the deal. I have an internet account at home that i can use in public hotspots all around my country (ie att, prodigy, etc).

Yesterday, for the first time i had the need to connect to a wifi hotspot outside my home and couldnt do it.

Heres the scenario: Im at a very important convention center where i scan the available networks and the name of my isp appears (as it does in all hotspots of the same brand ((ie starbucks has this service in mexico)) but when i try to connect to it , the airport icon shows its Computer-to-Computer state, not the signal range bars. I called my isp support service and made me do several things. Tryed deleting previously joined connections, no success. Tryed reseting safari, no success. They told me that probably the local service is restricted, but i doubt it.

The list of available wireless connections is huge (because its a convention center) i get about 6 different unlocked networks, one of them is named Free public wifi, etc , but same thing happens when trying to access them.

Hope all this info can help. Im using a Macbook pro 2.2 G OS 10.5 4 gigs ram

Thank you in advance and greeting from the south

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.