Applescript newbie - How to Fn+F9?

Reaction score
Hi,

Very new Mac user here, I'm trying to create an applescript to hold down the Fn key then press F9 then release both keys.

I have no experience at scripting. Anyone willing to show me how to do that?

Thanks
Splint

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
What are you trying to accomplish with this script? If you are trying to make it so that you can activate Exposé without having to hit more than one button, there is an easier way...

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Macshane,

yeah, I found the easy way to run Expose. I've set my mouse up to go all windows expose when I tilt the wheel left but can't find a way to show desktop when I tilt the wheel right. It looks like I need to run a script through USB Overdrive for that.

Splint

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
If you want an easy, one key shortcut to Exposé and Show Desktop, go to System Preferences→Keyboard. Under the Keyboard tab, check the box for Use All "F" Keys As Standard Function Keys. After that you can just hit F9 or F10 to activate Exposé and F11 for Show Desktop. Thereafter, however, you will have to hit the Fn key to activate "special" F keys - volume up, down, mute and so forth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.