MacBook Pro - Hi-Res or Not?

LDJ

Reaction score
Hey guys, brand new to the forums, but already love the site, seems to be packed with helpful, knowledgeable people.
So heres my issue, I hope you guys can help me shed some light on it..

I'm looking into buying a new MacBook Pro 17", (because I really do love the big screen) and then saw that in the customization options of the MacBook Pro 15" you can upgrade to a high-resolution screen (36% more pixels or something like that?) for AUD$140, and I was wondering, anyone who has bought this option, and can compare it to a normal MacBook Pro screen, is the difference overly noticable?
I really like the idea of a higher resolution screen, (although not the idea that I have to move down 2" in the screen size -_-) and it's not really a question of value for the money of it, I just want to know if it's noticable?

Thanks so much guys,

Liam:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can search for comments regarding the higher resolution MBP 15" screen, however, what you should consider before ordering one is: Will the higher resolution which will result in smaller text on the screen be OK for me?

I don't know how good your eyes are - but middle aged folks like myself have a difficult enough time using a notebook computer with normal resolutions. I suggest going to an Apple store (if they have the hi-res MBP in stock) and viewing it before ordering.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.