iPod Touch touch screen not working

Reaction score
Hi, I got my hands on a broken iPod Touch 3rd gen (from friends pawnshop) -- touch screen is not working. Are there any other issues than broken digityzer? It looks like someone tried to open this iPod before (bottom edge is a little bit damaged). Unfortunately I'm unable to get an information if someone tried replacing digitizer. I don't want to waste money and time if repairing is not possible.

I'm considering this digityzer: Amazon.com: For iPod Touch 3rd Genration Lcd Glass Touch Screen…

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's the correct part, however, replacing those is not as easy as it looks. Suggest going to iFixit: The free repair manual and look up the take apart instructions for the 3rd Generation Touch. Make sure you know what you're getting into before ripping it apart. Good luck with the repair. Let us know.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.