Help, Negative effect, messing up programs

Reaction score
Hello, I recently bought a macbook 13'' off craigslist. I love it.

I installed a fresh copy of snowleopard and an older copy of iLife.

So recently, I opened photobooth and got the effect pack off apples website, When I take a picture, some turn out with negative colors, I thought it was no big deal, that maybe the effects were messed up.

Now today, I opened up iWeb to play around on, that too is in like a Negative Color state. It will not let me do anything, the colors all stay the same so I cannot see a lot of stuff, so it makes it impossible to use.
I have tried reinstalling iLife, that didnt work.
Is there anything I could try to fix this, have any of you experienced this? Thanks in advance! -Mitch

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Where did you get the older copy of iLife? Is it from a legal version that you own of OS X, like Leopard? When I upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard iLife was not included on the SL upgrade DVD, however, the upgrade retained my older copy of iLife. I have no problems whatsoever with negative colors.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah, Its legit

Where did you get the older copy of iLife? Is it from a legal version that you own of OS X, like Leopard? When I upgraded from Leopard to Snow Leopard iLife was not included on the SL upgrade DVD, however, the upgrade retained my older copy of iLife. I have no problems whatsoever with negative colors.

Regards.

I actually got my iLife from a Mac Mini, could that be the problem, Its not made for my computer. I would think its the same. But yes, its a legit copy.

Oh and yeah, I dont have a problem with negative colors, theyre cool. Just at certain times. My pictures are all negative, cant fix that. and my iWeb is useless.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
That copy of iLife that came with the Mac Mini is legit for the Mac Mini. It is not a legit copy for putting on another Mac.

OP
M
Reaction score
So, is there a cheaper way?

That copy of iLife that came with the Mac Mini is legit for the Mac Mini. It is not a legit copy for putting on another Mac.

I am 14, therefore I cannot get a job.
So, is there a way around paying the 80 or whatever. I know I could do a torrent or Limewire, but I like apple, I wont steal from them;)

is there a way I can get it cheaper because I am already a mac owner?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A copy of iLife comes with every Mac. It will be included on the discs that shipped with the MacBook.

If you did not get those discs when you bought it, call the seller back up and ask for them or give Apple a call for a set of replacement discs. I have seen our members report everything from free up to about $30 over the last couple of years for a replacement set. You'll want them for the hardware test that's included on those discs also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.