Tricky .flac files

Reaction score
Okay, I'm new here so forgive me if this is a topic that has already been discussed.

So I have a couple of .flac files that I want to convert into .mp3's, but I've hit a road bump. I can open and play the files in VLC, but whenever I try to convert them in Switch Pro Plus (which normally works 99% of the time), they get converted into 4kb files about 1 second long playing only silence. I tried dragging the files into abelton live 8 to export them into .mp3 manually, but the files show up empty with the first second containing a small blip of sound.

My question is, what is up with these .flac files? VLC can play all of these song files with no problem, but it seems nothing else can read these files (or only play a second of sound). Does anybody have any idea what's going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
Download a program called Max and you can batch convert those files into whatever format you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
+1 for Max. Easily the best program for ripping and converting on a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.