Wfi speed

Reaction score
Lately I've noticed my Ipad is slower than my desktop or laptop on my home wifi. For example, when I get 5 meg on the desktop, it's about 4 meg on the laptop and about two on the Ipad. I erased the cache and history and reset it but no change. What am I missing?

OP
M
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that I turned auto brightness off and followed Apple's guidance for the origina wifi problem. My problem just started a week or so ago. For what it's worth, have a Linksys E 3000 router and and am using ATT DSL although I'm about to go back to Comcast due to the speed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
For humors sake, have you tried power cycling the router? I find it interesting the step down between devices.

When you say you followed Apple's guidance for the original wifi problem - I assume you mean splitting the bands into two separate networks (as mentioned in this article: Apple Acknowledges iPad Wi-Fi Issues | Gadget Lab | Wired.com )

OP
M
Reaction score
I did those things bedew I posted. All of a sudden, my connection is better so i'll quit whining.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.