The Best Ram for my Mini

OP
M

menace3054

that roswill one looks fine, also on newegg look for corsair value select ram, its fairly cheap and works very well.

Reaction score
I bought a 1gb stick of Rosewill PC3200, it works fine. It is actually cheaper than the PC2700 stick you linked to. It is also nice in that it could go into a Powermac of iMac if you decide to upgrade.

Reaction score
BEEEsH said:
what about the timing and stuff. Is any of that important?

If your talking about the Rosewell 1 gig chips that newegg.com is/was selling no problem. You want a standard PC3200 400 mhz C3 unbuffered, which is what that is and it will work just fine in your system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (1G)/ 1.42 GHz PPC / 512MB Crucial RAM / 80 GB HDD / 160GB LaCie mini
I would recommend Crucial for how much detail and attention they give to serving you the right memory. Use their online system to find the right memory for you. 1GB for $115, garunteed compatibility and warranty. http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...id=CR&model=Mac+mini+(G4+-+1.42GHz)&submit=Go

Haven't installed mine yet, but my brother is bringing me a 512MB stick from Crucial garunteed to work with my mini. I'm happy :)

Reaction score
BEEEsH said:
Does having that heat sink make THAT much of a difference?

It makes no difference, it does look neat though. Heatsinks make the ram hard to fit inside the mini.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.