Book recommendations

Reaction score
Hello,

As I will be a new Mac user in the coming months, I thought I'd join this forum and ask you good folk some questions.

I plan to buy an iMac27 shortly and was wondering if anyone can suggest a good book to buy. In particular, something written for people who are switching from a PC. I'm pretty well versed in windows, and I know I will soon click on all the general workings of the Mac OS. But I am sure there are a few gotcha's out there and plenty of hidden settings that a book can lead me too.

So, nothing too simple, but I don't intend writting my own scripts in a hurry either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
+1 for the Missing Manual series, they are great, easy to understand and full of humour.
Louishen links to the wrong book though, its for 10.1. You will need the one for 10.6 Snow Leopard.
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596153298

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Snow Leopard the Missing Manual by David Pouge is a must have. It will answer any question you have about your OS.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks guys, exactly the sort of tip I was after. The "missing manual" book looks just the mark.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.