Mac Pro with 4 GT 120 Output cards

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a new mac pro for the purpose of running video from it for theaters, primarily using Qlab software. I want to max out the graphics cards on it, so 4 of the new nvidia cards. I was wondering if I should just go with the quad core or the 8 core.

It'd be nice to save some money on just going with the quad core, but I'm wondering on how dramatic the processing differences are between the two. If i'm running 4 outputs to 4 tv screens at a theater, will the quad core be fast enough to handle that? Anyone have any experience with this?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm considering purchasing a new mac pro for the purpose of running video from it for theaters, primarily using Qlab software. I want to max out the graphics cards on it, so 4 of the new nvidia cards. I was wondering if I should just go with the quad core or the 8 core.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Only the millionaire members on the forum...of which there aren't many!;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.