PDF Documents in iBooks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
I have not been able to find out how to show my PDF Documents in iBooks.

My understanding was that we would use iTunes, attach our iPhone, go to the Apps Tab, and there you will see any App that supports various files.

Right now Stanza is the only app listed and when I touch it it shows all my "ePub" files and also offers to let me add to list from the Add Button which fires up a Finder Window.
Very Cool.

but

iBooks is not listed in the apps that allow file attachments

Anybody know why?

DavidH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Just drag the PDF to your library. It will be added to the Books section.

OP
DavidHH
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini
Thanks

Just drag the PDF to your library. It will be added to the Books section.

Your Right - It Works

I wasn't thinking of using the iTunes Library since the "App Document" feature was added to iOS4.

It is just as simple as dragging your PDF Document into the "Book" section of your iTunes Library.

Thank You
DavidH

Reaction score
I simply e-mailed myself a couple of PDF's I have on my computer. When you open them in your e-mail it gives the option to "open in iBooks".

Reaction score
you can also go to the pdf from safari on the iphone and it will ask you to open in ibooks. after that it is saved locally and you can get it from ibooks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.