• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPhone4 at Wal-Mart?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I may just have to visit my local Wal-Mart on Thursday to verify this. It would alleviate some of the lines at B.B. and Apple Stores. But if that was the intent, why wasn't it publicized? Hmm...

iPhone 4 arrives at Walmart -- Engadget

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3/350, 64mb ram
just there

I was in Walmart this morning and didn't see the new iphone in my town. I'm sure it would have been on display.

Then again didn't go in there for that purpose so may have breezed right by it.

Naaah.. i think i would have noticed it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The new iPhone won't be on the shelves until June 24th. So even if the rumor is true about Wal-Mart, it won't go on sale until this Thursday. Our Wal-Mart stores around here are open 24\7 so it'll be interesting to see if anyone is lining up in the store around midnight Wednesday. :)

Regards.

Reaction score
I called a few of my local wal-mart locations, and even though they were not supposed to tell how many they got, one location received 2 iPhones and the other received 5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Anyone know how much Walmart will be selling the iPhone4 outright, Without contract?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
I called a few of my local wal-mart locations, and even though they were not supposed to tell how many they got, one location received 2 iPhones and the other received 5.

That's retarded. The world's biggest retailer and they only get 5 iphones per store?

What the **** kinda business model is this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I was listening to the radio this morning on the way to work, and this guy phone in about his Walmart experience this morning. he said that he was camping out from 12-6AM out front of his local Wal-Mart, and the manager came up to him and asked him why he was there, he told her, and she said that Wal-mart won't be receiving them for the initial release. He had heard they did, but not in his area i guess. The radio station gave him a case of Bud Light though so at least he got something out of that. :D

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I called 4 local Wal-Marts (15 mile radius) and 2 of the 4 did receive iPhones. The 2 stores that did were the larger stores with full grocery section and auto repair. The 2 smaller/normal-size stores didn't get any. 1 store said they received 2 16GB iPhones and they sold right away this morning. The other store didn't know how many they received but they were all sold out too. I called at 10am, so it's very likely those were gone by 6 or 7am.
I just find it very curious that Apple or Wal-Mart didn't advertise the heck out of this. Maybe it was a test to see if they want to use Wal-Mart in the future for more product releases. Hmm....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3/350, 64mb ram
Actually

I went back to Walmart today and found that they had received 10 and of course sold out same day.

I guess it depends on location because this walmart isn't that big (no alcohol and very little groceries) but they did receive a couple...just enough to tease the public.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
From what I read the reason why Walmart didn't get a large supply was because since there wasn't that many iPhones to go around Apple supplied mostly to their own stores. It also seems that they didn't think many people would buy iPhones from Walmart so they didn't give them many iPhones.

AT&T apparent will not have any non-preorders to give out today. The Apple stores are the best chance people will have in getting iPhones but as of right now it's pretty late in the day already so I'm sure just about all the iPhones are sold out. I'm glad I'm not getting the iPhone so I don't have to deal with this waiting mess.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
With the local temperatures hovering around the century mark today (F) I'll bet it wasn't pleasant at all waiting outside the store in line. But I guess if one is determined enough.... :Smirk:

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
It is surprising the determination some people have. I've never had an electronic device I wanted so much that I was willing to camp out and wait in line for it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.